Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More Scheduling & SOW 2A2

Hi, it's me. ;o)

So yesterday I spent the day from the beginning to the end running around like crazy, trying to do all the things on my "to do list" and snapping at my sweet children. At the end of the day all I could think is...there has got to be a better way!!

Yes, there is.

I sat down & went over the list of all the things I was trying to get done with my hunny bunny. It seemed impossible! Between just keeping my children together and the house together, etc. - school was somehow supposed to fit in here. :o)

I've been here a thousand times and every time it seems God does a miracle somehow as I arrange my priorities. Thank God it happened again last night!!

So, I mentioned before that I wanted to switch the independent time from being in the afternoon to being in the morning, well...I'm still doing that, but I decided what I really needed to do is split our together time up into two parts. AM & PM. A fresh sigh of relief came when I began to see that.

Now after breakfast we go into our morning together time, which flows so naturally.
(Especially since that's how we did it last year) We just do those table time things, like the thankful journal, manners book & the prayer for the countries. This is also when we will do our language arts (aka Bible study). Then I will assign their independent assignments. That was kind of confusing to me how to do a "check-in" with the children each day with the last schedule I wrote up. Problem solved! This gives me the mid-morning - early afternoon to spend getting my 2yo to his nap and having my precious quiet time that I need each day. I usually take about a 15 minute nap, but mostly I pray & or work on a project that needs to be done. That is time I need to spend for my sanity during this crazy season of my life. lol!

After quiet time / independent time then we have lunch and begin into our afternoon together time. This is a check-out time for us and a time to do whatever else needs to be done (sci/his/geo/etc.) We will do our projects and such then as well.

That's pretty much it. Oh, except - I haven't had a formal morning prayer time in awhile. Jesus has been pressing on me since I moved into this house to rise a bit earlier (when my husband has been going to our Church to pray) and pray then. THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A BLESSING!! I know, I know, I should have been doing this a long time ago... The truth is, it's not that I don't pray in the mornings. I do. It's just more of a "ok, here we go" prayer. I spent my afternoon quiet time as my "formal" prayer time. But, beginning your day in Prayer is really awesome!! So, I am putting prayer first. I am also encouraging my children to pray as well. I am reminding them to talk to God before they come down for breakfast.

In case you skipped all the details & just wanted to see the schedule - here you go:

Wake
Shower (mom)
Get Dressed
Pickup Room
Laundry
Pray
(The kids pickup room, get dressed & pray before breakfast)
Make Breakfast
Eat
Morning Together Time
(Prayer, Bible, Check-in)
Independent Assignments
AM Chores
Free Play
Lunch
Afternoon Together Time
(Check-out, S/G/H, Literature, etc.)
PM Chores
DONE!

Just to give you something to look at...
Here's my 5yo's Outline for Joshua 6-12:

No comments: