Thursday, September 30, 2010

We are floundering...

Ok, so the last two weeks have been a little difficult for us.

Moving uproots your LIFE in so many ways. Our old schedule just wasn't flying anymore. Most of our books are still packed in the garage. (which is a long sob story...) But, basically, I have been very discouraged about how things have been going. I was crying to God. I've already learned in my walk with God that He is pleased with FAITH, not whining or fear, etc. Yet, here I went complaining and whining to Him. Of course, He is a great God and reminded me that He WANTS to help me, but that I am trying to do this all on my own.

After His reminder, of course, today I have had vision & hope that was completely dead before. Now I actually see a little glimmer of light shining through!!

Jesus told me He is doing a new thing this year and that I need to be prepared to change MY schedule for His. The old way of doing things is not working, so it's time to listen to His plan. ;o)

This morning I just happen to click on "schedules" in the yahoo group. Then again, I just "happened" to click on Joy's. What a blessing! I feel so encouraged to follow her lead. I've read it before, but it really spoke to me in this season I am going through.

Even if I follow this simple rule:

PUT PRAYER FIRST

Then I will have succeeded in our schooling.

This is what God pressed on me today. He gave me a new schedule, which allows each of us to spend quiet time alone with the Lord for as long as we need!! Isn't that amazing & awesome?? Here's what it looks like:

Wake up, Get Dressed, Clean Rooms
Breakfast
Chore Time
Prayer...
Independent Time
Lunch
Check-in /school with mom
(alternating children)
Together Time
(Bible & s/g/h)
Clean-up Time
Daddy Home

That's a simplified version.
Basically, it is backwards from what we used to do. We used to do "together time" in the morning & "independent time" in the afternoon. It just seems to make sense right now to switch it.

I just thought I would check in to give you an idea of how things are going around here. Moving is difficult. Beginning a new school year can be difficult too. Moving & beginning a new year - impossible! LOL! Thank God that I serve a God of miracles!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though I haven't moved very often, the little I have tells me every house has its own unique chores and needs its own schedule.