Monday, October 18, 2010

Settling In...

Well, I am finally beginning to feel a LITTLE bit of a settling in our life.
(This is a personal story of how our school room is coming together)

Last week it seemed like things were coming together, we had bought my daughters white desk and I had some beat up ol white bookshelves. My toddler had his little desk. I had put my desk in our bedroom - UGH.

Then, I just decided to get radical and try to see if there was a way to take that desk out of my bedroom and get it down in the "school room." It seems to make a lot more sense. I really am adamant about having rooms cleaned. Maybe I'm weird, but I truly have noticed a difference when MY room is cleaned when I wake up - my whole house seems to follow. I get so discouraged to wake up in a cluttered & dirty room. I feel defeated before I even get out of bed. SO, I prayed for a miracle - that somehow I could get my desk to fit into the school room. And, God is so very faithful! It didn't happen at all how I expected though.

I found a great deal on good ol' craigslist - 5 bookshelves & 2 desks for $95. The problem was the two desks were big...too big for a five year old little girl. So, on the way to visit my parents we saw a garage sale & wouldn't you know - a cute little wooden desk, that matches the set we just bought! $17. Since we are planning to sell all of the other things (and take back the white target desk we had bought for $70!!) - it all worked out great!

Anyway, I don't have a picture right now. But, I just wanted to give you and update. The school room is coming together just fine. ;o)

Our schedule is still a bit rough for us. I'm so glad to say that this - waking up early in the morning to pray- thing, is really really nice! I haven't been getting nap time, because my 2yo nap time is around 11:00 and it seems I'm busy then. Usually around 2:00 or 3:00 - I'm exhausted. Of course, the kids are in full swing then. SO...dr. pepper has become my best friend. LOL!

I promise to keep updating & I'll get a picture up soon of how the school room looks. ;o) Personally, I LOVE pictures - much better than a Long ol' boring story about a school room. LOL!! Thanks for reading!!

No comments: