Monday, November 15, 2010

Rejoicing this monday!

Yes!!
School room is together. I will really really try to post up a picture within this next week or two. I need to move out a bookshelf, but the room is done!

Our schedule - is really really finally together!

It is just a finalized version of what we had been loosely doing this year.
Here it is:

6:15 - Wake, sing & pray with Daddy. Personal prayer time.
7:00- Get dressed, clean room, Breakfast. (Thankful journal, Manners, KSV)
8:00- Check-in with kids. Chore Time.
9:00- Bible Time (SOW language arts)
10:00- Break & Outside Play
10:30 - Independent work: Math, Handwriting, English, Spelling or Phonics. Plus any other assignments, like Reports or s/g/h reading, etc.
12:30 - Lunch time
1:00 - Together Time (Daily Lesson) & Check-Out (One on One time with Mom)
2:00 - Done!

This is kind of what we have been doing, but now it has been tweaked to finalization. It feels weird because it is really a hands off kind of approach this year. The kids are working much more independent than last year. I am still directing Bible, but expecting a lot of it to be done on their own. I am working with my 5 year old & I'm available during their independent time, checking on them,etc. It's just very different. But, the exciting part is - it is working!! Which is a miracle for my 10 year old! I think since his sister (at age 5) enjoys working independently, it is motivating him a bit more. This year I really needed to be able to be less tied down though because my 2yo little boy needs a lot of attention. He just has a personality that stays busy, so I need to be available for him. Thank God He knows everything we need before we even ask!!

I have a few other things I am going to discuss here later about curriculum/resource choices & such in some upcoming posts. But, really - my mind is on these upcoming holidays! This is our last week of SOW for the year. Although we are not finished with our Exploring Creation with Botony book, so we will finish reading that through until we are done. But, next week we are off since Daddy will be home all week. Then the following week we will begin our Christmas unit study by Amanda Bennett. I've never done one of her unit studies before, so I'll let you know what we think. Can you believe the holidays are here?!?!?

I'll probably post some fun stuff here coming up. ;o)

No comments: