Monday, November 8, 2010

Re-arranging...again

Yes, today I am working on BOTH the schedule & the "school room."

I know, I know...

The school room, just seemed too "officey" to me. I wanted it to be more of a play room / kids room. So, I've been thinking about how to re-arrange it to make it more kid friendly.

Yeah, just when I thought it was all together. I should have been taking pictures through this whole process. It has changed so many times since we moved in!!!

I've liked the way that it looked each time, but it just wasn't complete. I think this next one will be perfect! (or as close to perfect as you can get it in an imperfect world, ya know.)

As for the schedule...I've had bits and pieces coming together, but I think we are finally getting close to a Final Draft happening here. LOL! My husband has been doing our "sing/praise/prayer time" with us before he leaves for work, which wakes up the kids - who are incredibly difficult to wake up! And, it starts our day earlier. It's so nice to have him start his day with us too. But, my quiet time is out the window now! So, I need to either wake up extra early...ugh...or figure something out here. So, I'm working on that now. I do have hope in the midst of frustration though. I can see bits and pieces of how to work things out.

After using a schedule now for the past year or so, I can't go back without one! I need that structure to know what & when everything is supposed to happen. It helps us out so much & all of our attitudes are much better. They aren't arguing with me, they argue with the schedule - which is silly of course. Right now, I am cranky mom trying to get everyone do do what *I* want. I CAN'T WAIT until they know it is the schedule talking, not bossy mom. LOL! ;o)

Just wanted to give an update...we will settle in at some point here...really.
Sometimes it just takes trial and error until things are in place, you know?

As far as REAL school stuff goes, we are doing good. I absolutely LOVE the botany book!!!! I cannot believe how much we are learning. Just amazes me how a good book can change your life!

That's it.
I have nothing more to say.
LOL!

No comments: