Friday, August 20, 2010

Math Update

God is so good!

It is true that he really was just bored. Poor guy! I kept holding him back so that he could "master" the concepts. But, he needed to keep moving and to be challenged. Also he does not like to write too much. He would rather just learn audibly than have to do "busy work." So I've been just going through the R&S math book with him orally. Now, before you go and think that I just let my little boy do whatever he likes, I don't. But, I'm helping him to feel confident once again. And - Thank You Jesus! It's working!!!

I can see a sparkle in his eye once again in the math department. That's what I'm looking for! He has been so discouraged that he didn't even LIKE math any more. He won't say that he loves it yet, but he did say that he was glad that I was challenging him. That's enough compliment for me. ;o)

For anyone with a struggling math learner - Give him hard problems & see if he rises to the occasion. Teach him something new. And, it's really ok to just go over math together aloud and not assign all of the pages and pages that the curriculum says to do. ;o)

Rejoicing in Jesus!
Mercy

No comments: