Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

So, I wasn't as organized as I wanted to be since we still had bathrooms & bedrooms to put together yesterday. We also spent awhile shopping for a craft desk, which I promised my 5yo daughter we would buy when we got to the new house. It's all my little girl does - constantly doing some sort of a craft. So, instead of having ripped pieces of paper ALL over the house, we decided it would be a good idea to give her a space. Of course, it is for all the children to do crafts at, but we all know who will be there the most!

Anyway, so... I decided to make today a fun day since it is the first OFFICIAL day of school.

8:00 - wake up, make beds, pray & get dressed.
9:00 - Some together time, read bible & discuss the day.
10:00- Head out the door. First stop - Jack in the box for 99 cent breakfast!
10:30- Eat & play at the PARK!! :o)





































11:30 - Shopping - getting some school supplies on clearance. ;o)
1:00 - Littles in the pool while Superkid & I pick up the house a bit.





















1:30 - Math, handwriting & a few other school things...
3:00 - DONE!!

There is something really nice about rejoicing in our freedom to homeschool! I love taking the kids to the park when no one is there. It's so nice to run around the whole place and not have to fight with the other kids.

Overall, a lot really got done but it was a nice relaxing day. I love to start the year out like that!!!!

Thank You God for homeschooling!


No comments: